Who is eligible for an account on a cluster hosted by IDRE? Find out on the Security Policy page. All accounts on any cluster hosted by IDRE are governed by the Security Policy. Read it.
- New User Registration
- Your account on a cluster hosted by IDRE
- Your Grid account
- Faculty Sponsor information
New User Registration <- Click here to apply for an account on a cluster hosted by IDRE.
When you click on this link, your session will be redirected to the UCLA Federated Authentication Service so that you can authenticate yourself as a member of the UCLA community. To do so you will need your UCLA Logon ID and password. If you do not have one, go to http://accounts.iam.ucla.edu/ and get one now.
You will be asked to select a faculty sponsor for your new cluster account. If your sponsor is not included in the drop-down list of sponsors, he/she can register with the New Sponsor Registration link below.
This single registration will create both a cluster account and a UCLA/UC Grid account for you. Your Cluster and Grid passwords are independent and initially will be different.
- Use your Cluster login ID and its password when you access a login node with a local SSH2 client program.
- Use your Grid username and its password when you point your browser at the UCLA Grid Portal http://grid.ucla.edu or the UC Grid Portal http://portal.ucgrid.org and login. You also need to use your Grid username and password when you use the Hoffman2 iPhone and Android apps, and when you transfer files to or from the ucla#dtn1 endpoint with Globus.
- Retrieve Your Initial Cluster Password
- Retrieve your initial cluster password from our database. You will need to supply the answer for your secret question. If you have changed your cluster password, use the Forgot Your Cluster Password? link to reset it.
- Forgot Your Cluster Password?
- Submit a request for the sysadmin to reset your cluster password with a new, randomly generated, Initial Cluster Password.
- How to Change your password or shell on a cluster hosted by IDRE
- Command line scripts to change your password or change your shell. Information about shell-specific dot files. It is strongly recommended that you change your password as soon as possible for a new account.
- Forgot Your Cluster login ID?
- Receive a reminder of your cluster login ID via email.
- Update your profile
- Update your profile, such as email address or sponsor, or request your account be added to an additional group like gpu. The email address you enter will also be used by the respective cluster’s job scheduler to notify you about your job’s status.
- Forgot Your Grid Password?
- Submit a request to reset your Grid password.
- Forgot Your Grid Username?
- Receive a reminder of your Grid username via email.
- New Sponsor Registration <- Click here to register as a sponsor.
- All UCLA faculty are eligible to register to sponsor Hoffman2 Cluster users. For any other cluster or resource, please contact email@example.com
- Faculty Sponsor Information and Responsibilities
- Information about becoming a faculty sponsor.
- Instructional support
- Information about short-term instructional support for class projects.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the Accounts Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org